A gas furnace requires the skills of a professional technician for proper maintenance and repair.
It’s officially fall in St. Louis which means cooler temperatures! It also means winter is on its way. Therefore, you want your gas furnace ready to go so that when it starts getting chilly, it’s ready to warm your home and keep your family comfortable.
To ensure it’s running at peak performance levels during the cold winter months, there are some things you can do now:
- Change the Filter – Regular filter changes are the best way to make sure your equipment is running properly and that it’s keeping your air as clean as possible.
- Thermostat – Fall is often a roller coaster of temperatures. It may be chilly at night but warm during the day. You may find yourself adjusting your thermostat all the time. This can seriously impact your utility bill. Either stick to you programmed comfort schedule, or if you don’t have a programmable thermostat, set the temperature and try not to fidget with it.
- Leaves – If you have an air conditioner or heat pump, be sure to keep the outdoor unit free of leaves and debris to maintain proper airflow. Improper airflow can result in potential system breakdowns and decreased performance.
- Maintenance – The best way to ensure your gas furnace is ready for winter is to schedule regular maintenance visits.
Preventative Maintenance Appointment
When you schedule an appointment with your HVAC specialist, here are the things your contractor will do:
- Inspect – They will check all of the components of your system to make sure they are all working properly. This includes an inspection of your ventilation system.
- Clean – They will clean the burner, heat exchanger and any other component that may need cleaning.
- Check – They will check your furnace to make sure there aren’t any issues, rust spots or leaks, and will make sure that the electrical system is in proper working order.
Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating LLC
The furnace repair technicians at Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating LLC will analyze your system and provide you with the best solutions. After more than 30 years in the residential heating industry, we have hands-on experience working with the most popular manufacturers like Trane, Lennox, American Standard, Carrier, York, Amana and Goodman just to name a few.