Furnace St. Louis – Trane Furnace :: Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating LLC
Your furnace should not only be reliable but also be energy efficient. Keep your heating costs low even on the coldest days in winter.
Energy Efficient Heating
Most residential furnaces run on gas, however some are oil-based. Most homes in the St. Louis are heated by a furnace or a heat pump. A furnace heats the air and then distributes the air through ducts in the home. The annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) is used to measure how efficient a furnace is at converting the energy in its fuel to heat. It is a requirement by the Federal Trade Commission that manufacturers display their products AFUE so that one product’s efficiency can be compared to another.
If a furnace has an AFUE of 90%, this means that 90% of the energy in the fuel actually becomes heat while the remaining 10% is lost. This does not include the amount of heat that may be lost in the air duct system.
An AFUE rating of 78% is acceptable for fossil-fueled, warm-air furnaces. Mid-efficient furnaces have an AFUE of 80% to 83%. High-efficient heaters have an AFUE of 90% to 98.5%.
Trane Furnace St. Louis
Trane carries a wide variety of high-efficient and mid-efficient heaters like the XC95m which has an AFUE of 97.3%. Some of the others that Trane makes include:
- XV95 – up to 97% AFUE
- XL95 – up to 96% AFUE
- XT95 – up to 95% AFUE
- XB90 – up to 90% AFUE
- XL80 – up to 80% AFUE
Purchasing a new, energy efficient furnace will give you the combined benefit of lower utility bills and a warmer more comfortable home.
In addition to the heaters efficiency rating, it is important that you have an expert conduct a load calculation. Many homes have a furnace that is either too small or too big. A discrepancy either way can create a variety of problems. It can mean more maintenance issues or can be detrimental to your energy costs. At Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating LLC we can help you determine which furnace is right for the your home.
Furnace Repair and Maintenance
Replacing your furnace with a new one may be exactly what you need. However, it may be that your current HVAC system needs repair or maintenance to continue running at it’s optimum level.
The furnace repair technicians at Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating LLC will analyze your system and provide you with the best solutions. After more than 30 years in the residential heating industry, we have hands-on experience working with the most popular manufacturers like Trane, Lennox, American Standard, Carrier, York, Amana and Goodman just to name a few.
St. Louis Furnace
Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating LLC is one of the few heating and air conditioning companies in St. Louis that has a master technician and mechanical engineer as an owner. This fact, combined with our more than 30 years of experience gives us an advantage over our competition. We will service all types and repair all brands of furnaces. If you need a new system, trust us to help you determine which one will best fit your needs.
Call (314) 471-7625 to schedule a free estimate!